Thursday, April 29, 2010

Ouch.

So tired of breast-feeding drama. 6 1/2 weeks of pain and frustration is now topped by feelings of inadequacy. I paid $100 for a "lactation consultant" to come yesterday and solve all my problems and make me a true earth mother. And it sort of worked while she was here. Then she left and I can't get it right again. Of course, she showed me two videos that just emphasized how lame I am. I mean, pigs, elephants, and primitive African tribeswomen can do it with no problem. And white women with giant nipples. Spent the night in tears with a screaming baby and well-meaning mother who only makes me feel worse since she was the La Leche League "breast-fed my kids till they were three" queen. Can't figure this out and now I'm so tired. Going to pick up my $200 pump this morning. I'm just trying to do what's best for my daughter! What kind of a mother can't feed her own child?

No comments:

Post a Comment